Removal and Installation of Main Engine Charge Air Cooler
03th October 2017 (Time: 7:30 am)
Removal of Old Main Engine Air Cooler and Installation of New Cooler onboard a Tanker Vessel at Singapore
anchorage on 3rd October 2017.
Job was completed successfully within 18hours and to the satisfaction of Chief Engineer.
1) Dismantle M/E Old Air Cooler 5″ sea water inlet and outlet pipe, 6 No’s of flanges M20 x 80 MM – 48 Bolt and Nut.
2) Remove access pipe ,rolling pipe Ladder and its plaNorm.
3) 2 No’s of end cover(Both side) of Old cooler M16 x 65 MM – 100 No’s of removed.
4) Air Cooler mounRng bolt M16x100 MM all removed.
5) Both end covers cleaned before installaRon to new cooler.
6) Change the O-ring(12MM for the aT side Air flange).
7) Old cooler Removed and liTed to upper area using vessel crane.
8) New cooler brought down to posiRon and installed.
9) 5″ sea water inlet and outlet pipes connected and flanges was Rghtened with same bolt and nuts.
10) Cooler end cover and MounRng Bolt & nuts Rghtened for the new cooler.
11) New cooler funcRon test was done. Witness by Chief Engineer.
12) Removed access Pipe, Rolling Pipe, Ladder and PlaNorm installed back in same posiRon.